The City Secretary is an officer of the City, appointed by the Mayor and City Council. The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State Law and the City Charter.
The services provided by the City Secretary's Office include:
- Administering Oaths
- Conducting municipal Elections
- Coordinating the codification of City ordinances
- Maintaining appointments of Boards and Commissions
- Managing the City corporate seal and attesting to authorized City officials’ signatures on all official documents
- Preparing and disseminating council meeting agendas and packets
- Preparing and disseminating council meeting minutes
- Providing citizens with public information and fulfilling requests for public information
- Providing staff support to the Mayor and City Council
- Performing other duties as may be required by the City Council or State Law
City of Keene ordinances are now available online.
View information about Keene elections and voting.
Open Records Request
Submit request for public information.