Here's what to do when you lose or find a pet:
- Check with all area animal shelters first. Animal shelter staff can be reached at 817-641-7831.
- Check with local veterinarians.
- Post your pet on Finding Rover, and Pawboost - Lost and Found Pets
- Post fliers with a photo of the pet in all available locations.
- Check with the animal shelter periodically, and make sure to visit in person. You know your pet best, and sometimes the way you would describe your pet is not always how others would describe it.
- Remember to notify Animal Services if you have found your pet or have located the owner of the pet you have.
- Use social media. Facebook has many pages dedicated to lost and found pets. Keene Animal Shelter has a Facebook page and you may post a lost or found pet.
You can also report a lost or found pet by email at email@example.com.