November 8, 2022, General Election
The City of Keene will hold its General Election on November 8, 2022, for the purpose of electing a Mayor and a Councilmember in Place I, Place III, and Ward II for a term of 2 years.
The 2022 City Council Ballot Drawing was held at Keene City Hall Council Chambers on 08/29/2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Listed below are the candidates for November 8, 2022, General Election in the order in which they will appear on the ballot.
- Gary Heinrich
- Lisa Parrish
- Samantha Gillin
- Ray Johnson
- Troy Smith
- James Belz
- Terry Foster
- David Read
- Gwen Beeson
Notices and Election Materials
- Candidate Application (July 23, 2022 - August 22, 2022, at 5 p.m.)
- Full Election Packet found here.
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot (PDF)
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot (PDF)
- Application for Candidacy Received (Names Only - PDF)
July 23, 2022 - First Day to file for a place on the General Election Ballot
August 22, 2022 @ 5 p.m. - Last Day to file for a place on the General Election Ballot
August 29, 2022 @ 4 p.m. - Drawing for Place on Ballot (Council Chambers)
October 11, 2022 - Last Day to Register to Vote
October 24, 2022 - First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
November 4, 2022 - Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
November 8, 2022 - Election Day
Voter Photo Identification
Senate Bill 14 (SB 14) created a new requirement for voters to show photo identification when voting in person. Secretary of the State of Texas has advised that effective immediately, voters are now required to present an approved form of photo identification when voting in person.
- Identificacion con Foto se Requiere para Votantes Tejanos (PDF)
- Photo ID Required for Texas Voters (PDF)
Johnson County Elections
- Johnson County Elections Website (817-556-6197)