Trash carts are provided by our trash collection provider, Republic Services. Carts can be placed by the curb or public right-of-way no earlier than 7 p.m. the day prior to the scheduled day of collection and removed from the curb or public right-of-way no later than 9 a.m. the day after the scheduled day of collection.
Containers cannot be stored within 25 feet of a street or public right-of-way.
- Inside city limits $11.64 (w/ 1 cart, plus tax )
- Outside city limits $17.49 (w/ 1 cart, plus tax)
- Commercial accounts $18.46 (w/ 1 cart, plus tax)
- Extra cart, up to 2 - $3.83 each, plus tax
Businesses requiring trash collections other than cart service, such as dumpsters, must contact Republic Services directly at 254-221-4416.
Keene citizens can dispose of up to 4 cubic feet of "acceptable" waste for free once every quarter at the Itasca Landfill located at:
2559 FM 66
Itasca, TX 76055
Must provide a current water bill and a driver’s license with the same address to prove residency. After that, it is $7.50 per cubic foot. Citizens must wear a hardhat and safety vest to exit the vehicle at the landfill.
Trash is collected once per week. Your collection day of the week is based on your address:
- Monday: All south of East Highway 67, between Old Betsy Road and Cleburne/Mansfield Road, north to Oakdale.
- Tuesday: North of East Highway 67 and east of Old Betsy Road
- Wednesday: West of North Old Betsy Road, north of Oakdale and west of Cleburne/Mansfield Road
City of Keene Trash Services Guide
Your basic service includes the following:
- Residents are able to have their bulk trash picked up monthly on the first Tuesday of the month. To receive the monthly bulk pickup service, each resident who wishes to utilize the service will need to call Republic Services at 254-221-4418 by no later than 12:00 pm (noon), on the day before the pickup day, to schedule. Please see the attached calendar for more information.
- Once a week trash collection every Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday (see the pickup map (PDF)).
- Extra trash pick-up services are available for a fee. Call 254-221-4418 to request a pick-up for bulky collection.