Trash carts are provided by our trash collection provider, Republic Services. Carts can be placed by the curb or public right-of-way no earlier than 7 p.m. the day prior to the scheduled day of collection and removed from the curb or public right-of-way no later than 9 a.m. the day after the scheduled day of collection.
Containers cannot be stored within 25 feet of a street or public right-of-way.
- Inside city limits $11.37
- Outside city limits $16.95
- Commercial accounts $17.57
- Extra cart, up to 2 $3.31 each
Businesses requiring trash collections other than cart service, such as dumpsters, must contact Republic Services directly at 254-221-4416.
Keene citizens can dispose up to 4 cubic feet of "acceptable" waste for free once every quarter at the Itasca Landfill located at:
2559 FM 66
Itasca, TX 76055
Must provide a current water bill and a driver’s license with the same address to prove residency. After that it is $7.50 per cubic foot. Citizens must wear a hardhat and safety vest to exit the vehicle at the landfill.
Trash is collected once per week. Your collection day of the week is based on your address:
- Monday: All south of East Highway 67, between Old Betsy Road and Cleburne/Mansfield Road, north to Oakdale.
- Tuesday: North of East Highway 67 and east of Old Betsy Road
- Wednesday: West of North Old Betsy Road, north of Oakdale and west of Cleburne/Mansfield Road
City-Wide Clean Up 2020
The following are City-Wide Clean Up days:
City of Keene Trash Services Guide
Your basic service includes the following:
- Once a week trash collection every Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday (see the pickup map (PDF)).
- Free Bulk Collection four times a year. Specific dates are published by the City.
- Extra trash pick-up services are available for a fee. Call 254-221-4416 to request a pick-up for bulky collection.